June 7, 2009

Appendix


After reading this week's assignment, I found Lupton's experience and information interesting. I particularly enjoyed her tips on punctuation. I have been confused over which rules apply, as the AP, MLA guides lists conflicting guidelines. I prefer her take and reasoning for the "rules" she highlights. I understand the graphic design requirements vary from writing a press release. However, it would be logical, since much of the printed word is often read via the web.

I have included an excerpt from an email that most definitely drives me crazy. I am thinking about buying a copy of our book for this person. I know, I am not perfect as well.

Posted by: Lisa P.

1 comments:

Kali Kurtz said...

I also found the appendix to be very interesting. I didn't know the difference between hatch marks and prime marks, along with putting only a single space after a period. I think Ellen lupton's sense of humor is pretty great as well. ex:

Say more, write less.
Just as designers should avoid filling up space with arbitrary visual effects, writers should remember that no one loves their words as much as they do.


kali

Post a Comment